According to an annual list published by Forbes, La Liga giants Barcelona are the world’s fourth most valuable sports team.
Last month, Barcelona leapfrogged Spanish rivals Real Madrid to become the world’s most valuable football club with a valuation of $4.76 billion.
NFL’s Dallas Cowboys topped the list which was published on Friday and the average value of the world’s 50 leading sports teams rose to $3.43bn in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
There are only three football clubs in the top 10 of the most valuable sports teams in the world; Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
Forbes’ Top 10 most valuable sports teams in the world:
- Dallas Cowboys (NFL) $5.7bn
- New York Yankees (MLB) $5.25bn
- New York Knicks (NBA) $5bn
- Barcelona (Football) $4.76bn
- Real Madrid (Football) $4.75bn
- Golden State Warriors (NBA) $4.7bn
- Los Angeles Lakers (NBA) $4.6bn
- New England Patriots (NFL) $4.4bn
- New York Giants (NFL) $4.3bn
- Bayern Munich (Football) $4.21bn
RELATED STORY: Barcelona top Real Madrid as most valuable club
By Ofhani Munyai