Ex-SuperSport striker Prince Dube out for six weeks

Share

Former SuperSport United forward Prince Dube, who suffered a left-arm fracture during a league game, is in Cape Town to undergo surgery and will be out of action for six weeks.

Dube, who turns out for Azam FC, arrived in the Mother City early this week for specialist treatment after injuring his ulna bone (the long bone found in the forearm that stretches from the elbow to the smallest finger) during a Tanzanian top-flight league match against Young Africans last week on Wednesday.

Azam chief executive, Abulkarim Amin, confirmed they had booked an appointment with the surgeon at the Vincent Pallotti Hospital in Cape Town.

“We have spoken to the surgeons and they said he will need something like six weeks, after the surgery, before he comes back. Obviously, he will miss a couple of games and it’s a setback for us. “But this is football, injuries are common in football. So, we have to adjust and get used to playing without him during this period,” said Amin.

The 23-year-old began life in Tanzania in blistering fashion, bagging a cool six goals in as many matches and four assists after joining the club in August. The former Highlanders striker was voted the Player of the Month when the league started in September.

He was rewarded after scoring in four straight games for Azam.

In his absence, the club announced that former Zesco United and Young Africans coach George Lwandamina was taking over as the club’s new coach. He replaces Romanian coach Aristica Cioba, who was sacked a day after Dube picked up the injury. The loss saw them lose grip on the top spot that they held in the first 10 rounds of the campaign.

Lwandamina is not new to the Tanzanian game after managing Yanga SC for two years between 2016 to 2018 before he returned to his homeland to rejoin Zesco United.

By FARPost Reporter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

shares