Johnny Ferreira says he is planning to discuss his dismissal letter with his agent Mike Makaab first before he consults with his legal team.
Ferreira who turned Uthongathi FC from a mid-table table team to a promotion chasing team, was sacked last week by the KwaZulu-Natal club.
“I’m not okay man, I’m not okay,” Ferreira tells FARPost.
“I have just received the letter of dismissal yesterday afternoon [17 March, Tuesday], so I will consult with the law, with the legal team, with my agent Mike Makaab, and see what we can do, whether everybody is happy.
“So, I don’t know why that is? You know why that is, when you are employed at any company and within two years into your contract they say now there is a mandate or there is a performance criteria, which was never there before, and suddenly you are under pressure to win three or four games out of five, to collect 10 out of 15 points,”added the 62-year-old mentor.
“The fact of the matter is we only left four matches, we’ve still lost only four matches, even though I wasn’t at the match against Swallows on the weekend in Dobsonville. But clearly the club feels that they deserve to be number one, and therefore they had to make a decision which regard to the coach.
“Only time will determine whether the decision – making with regards to the termination of my employment was the right decision, only time,” he said.
“At this moment I need to sit with Mike Makaab first, and I only received the letter of dismissal last night by email, but I was dismissed last week Wednesday already. So, it (has) taken the club a while to send the letter of dismissal, and once I can show Mike, then we can make informed decisions from there,” concluded the former FC Cape Town coach.
By Musa Nhlapo