Former Dynamos boss passes away

Share

The family of Peter Rabali have confirmed that the former Dynamos owner passed away in the early hours of this morning at the Mulbarton Hospital in Johannesburg following a short illness.

Rabali was the majority owner (55%) of Dynamos from 1995 until the early 2000s when he sold the club to Giyani-based businessman, Pat Malabela. The other 45% belonged to a group of 8 individuals led by current SAFA Vhembe Secretary Eric Muneri before Malabela bought out all of them.

Family Spokesperson Takalani Rabali has confirmed to FARPost that the 73-year-old passed away this morning.

“Indeed Mr Rabali passed away in the early hours of this morning at the hospital and we know as a family that he was under the supervision of the doctors because. He had a short illness, but what can we say,” said Rabali.

“He was the Archbishop having his own church and in different organisations so he was a people’s person, not just football. So we as a family still need time to discuss everything including the memorial service and funeral because it happened this morning,” he said.

In 1999, Rabali was banned for life from football after he was caught offering officials from City Sharks R10 000 to throw a second division (GladAfrica Championship) game.

Dynamos needed the points to gain promotion to Premiership at the time.

He was also the managing director of the defunct Rabali Blackpool.

May his Soul Rest in Peace

RELATED STORY: Former Baroka star passes away

By Ofhani Munyai

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *