Kane and Son set to be fit when PL resumes after virus turmoil


Tottenham Hotspur could be boosted by the return of captain Harry Kane and midfielder Heung-Min Son as the pair is making good process and expected to be ready for action when the English Premier League resumes.

The duo also urges people to stay safe from the novel coronavirus. The PL has been suspended until at least April 30 due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Kane, who picked up a hamstring injury during Spurs’s encounter at Southampton in January is well on course in his recovery.

“I’m good, my family is well and I will continue to work hard, work in the gym, work from home and do what I can,” Kane told the Spurs website.

“From a rehab point of view and personal point of view, I’m doing really well. I’m at a good stage now and just working hard, doing a lot of recovery, a lot of rehab and just waiting to see what happens to the season,” added the England skipper.

“Obviously everyone is thinking about coronavirus at the moment and it’s a time to be together, to stay safe and hopefully everything will be alright.”

The England international said that he hopes to be back with the Spurs team in two or three weeks time.

“I’m at a good stage, pretty much doing everything, now it’s about building up my fitness. So from my personal point of view, I’m in a good place.

“It’s such a strange situation, no-one has been in this situation before. Like anything, you have to take the positives out of it and do what you can. We’ll just have to wait and see,” said the deadly striker.

Meanwhile, Spurs winger Son said his arm is “okay now”.

Son fractured his arm against Aston Villa in February.

“I’m doing alright, doing what I can do, working hard, trying to be ready to come back as soon as I can,” said the South Korean international.

“I miss the feeling of playing, of course, but at this moment, football is not important. Everyone’s health is most important, and we all need to stay safe.”

“Anyway, it’s already more than four weeks after surgery now and I’m doing very, very well and working hard to be ready to come back.”

‘Sonny’ had to spend two weeks in quarantine upon his return to London from South Korea. “It’s so important to respect this situation.

“I was very careful and listened to the doctors. This is very important for everyone at the moment. It was tough but I had my family, so it was fine for me,” he added.

By FARPost Reporter 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *