England forward Harry Kane has finally opened up on his absence from Tottenham Hotspur training.
The 28-year-old goal poacher says he has “never refused to train” and will return to the club on Saturday as planned, having been on an extended holiday after Euro 2020.
He went on to say that he has been “hurt” by comments this week that questioned his professionalism.
Kane did not turn up for his Covid-19 tests, as it was scheduled for this past Monday.
“While I won’t go into the specifics of the situation, I want to clarify that I would never, and have never, refused to train. I will be returning to the club as planned,” wrote ‘The Three Lions’ skipper on Twitter.
“I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardise the relationship I have with the fans who have given me such unwavering support during my time with the club. This has always been the case as it is today.”
Meanwhile, Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has confirmed the club’s interest in Kane, but they are not thought to be willing to meet Spurs’ £160m valuation.
On the other hand, the new man in charge at club Nuno Espirito Santo says he has yet to speak to the striker since his arrival at the club last month.
RELATED STORY: Harry Kane set for Spurs return
By FARPost Reporter