With number of COVID-19 cases in South Africa increasing daily, Baroka FC head Dylan Kerr joined other Sports personalities in sharing tips on how to combat the spread of COVID-19.
The Absa Premiership has been to a halt pending the urgent Board of Governors meeting taking place at the PSL offices on Thursday.
Kerr alongside his the club’s Physiotherapist Azwinndini Nenzhelele players Lloyd Kazapua, Mandisi Gadla and Collins Makgaka shared a Video (see below) demonstrating how fellow South Africans can keep safe.
Some of the tips that have also been shared by the International Federation of Professional Footballers (FIFPRO) to fight the spread of the Coronavirus disease for football players include:
– Do not drink from the same water bottle during the game or training and do not exchange other items (towels, bathrobes, etc.) with other players.
– Avoid eating food in the changing room.
– Keep your personal items and clothes in your bag and avoid leaving them exposed in the changing rooms or the communal baskets.
– Throw used tissues or other used materials like plasters, bandages etc. immediately into the appropriate lockable containers.
– Wash your hands thoroughly as often as possible: hand washing and disinfection are essential to prevent infection.
– When using ordinary toilets, you should not touch the tap before and after washing your hands, but use disposable towels to open and close the tap.
– Players who show obvious symptoms of respiratory infection and/or fever before, during or after training must immediately leave the rest of the team – and isolate themselves if possible – and inform the club’s doctor.
– If the symptoms appear outside a training session, the player should avoid all contact and meetings with other team players and, if possible, isolate themselves.
– If a player has been in any contact – either personally or within their family – with persons who have returned from risk areas, or quarantine, they must inform the team players and the club officials immediately.
-If you have been in a risk area yourself, you must inform other players and club officials immediately.
By Ofhani Munyai