Orlando Pirates midfielder Ben Motshwari has spoken out for the first time since testing positive for COVID-19.
Motshwari was confirmed as the first South African based footballer to have contracted Coronavirus on Thursday last week.
Speaking through the Buccaneers social media pages on Monday, the 29-year-old said the messages he has been getting since the news meant a lot to him.
“I really like to thank everyone who has been supportive, sending me messages for the past few days. Messages of encouragement and wishing me well, I really appreciate it and it really means a lot to me,” said Motshwari.
“Currently I am under strict medical surveillance and I am doing quite well under the circumstances.”
Motshwari has also urged football fans to keep on practicing the strict measure in order to prevent the spread of the deadly virus.
“To all the fans, I would really like to encourage them to practice their social distancing, keep on sanitizing your hands, keep on wearing your masks,” he concluded.
The midfielder is currently in-home isolation for 14 days as of Thursday last week.
RELATED STORY: Motshwari tests positive for COVID-19
By Ofhani Munyai