Romanian fourth official Sebastian Coltescu has been suspended until the end of the season over his involvement in the sending off of Istanbul Basaksehir assistant coach Pierre Webo which sparked a player walk-off in the Uefa Champions League.
The match at Paris Saint-Germain in December was halted after 13 minutes following an argument on the touchline over the red card shown to Webo and only resumed the following day after the four Romanian officials were replaced.
Webo said Coltescu had disrespected him by referring to him as “the Black one” and an investigation was launched by European football’s governing body.
UEFA said in a statement on Monday that Coltescu had been suspended for “inappropriate behaviour during a UEFA match for which he was appointed” and had been ordered to “attend an educational programme before June 30 2021.”
RELATED STORY: UEFA probe refs at centre of UCL racism
By Ofhani Munyai